Welcome to Our Internship Program
Mindful Healing Works Wellness Center understands the vital importance of nurturing and cultivating the next generation of mental health care professionals. We firmly believe that learning, teaching, and supervision are key elements in changing the landscape of mental health care.
To further this vision, Mindful Healing Works Wellness Center has established a valuable partnership with local universities to develop an internship program specifically tailored for future mental health professionals. This program provides a unique opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience, invaluable insights, and real-world training within our center.
Through this internship program, we aim to bridge the gap between academic knowledge and practical application. Our team of experienced professionals serve as mentors, guiding and supporting interns in their professional development. By sharing our expertise and fostering a collaborative learning environment, we strive to equip these future mental health care professionals with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in their careers.
This partnership not only benefits the interns but also contributes to the broader mental health care community. By training and mentoring aspiring professionals, we are actively shaping the future of mental health care. These individuals will go on to make a significant impact, bringing fresh perspectives, innovative approaches, and compassionate care to the field.
At Mindful Healing Works Wellness Center, we believe that investing in the education and training of future mental health care professionals is crucial for the advancement of the entire industry. By providing a platform for learning, teaching, and supervision, we are actively contributing to the growth and evolution of mental health care. Together, we can create a future where mental health is prioritized, and individuals receive the support they deserve.
Internship is open!
Our internship includes
- An opportunity to to further develop clinical skills as a therapist
- A comprehensive overview of holistic strategies that improve mental health practiced in our facility
- Clinical supervision provided for clinical services with feedback
- Opportunities to further develop research and/or clinical skills through practical experiences in community settings
- Experience in administration and teachings of the logistics of providing mental health care
Our internship teaches
- How to change the landscape of mental health and provide hospitable and comfortable care for clients
- The characteristics of a good therapist
- The knowledge and hands-on experience to perform psychological assessments, intakes and make appropriate referrals
- A complete understanding of the three components of evidence-based practices in psychology (EBPP)
- How to provide individual and group counseling to clients on a scheduled basis or through crisis intervention
- Holistic mental health and alternatives to standard CBT and DBT
- … and much more!
- Students are expected to commit at least 16 hours, and no more than 20 hours, per week at the internship site
- Students completing a clinical internship are expected to accrue at least 125 hours of direct face-to-face client contact hours
- All students must complete a total of 500 hours of supervised work by the end of the practicum/internship year
- Interns are expected to provide individual, group, couples, or family therapy; assessment and/or testing; diagnosis; consultation; and appropriate documentation